The pressure is building within the ADHD community and society who is on the outside looking in. This blog gives the bullet points of an incredibly insightful and thought-provoking Video Podcast that Dr. Eric Etka did with RVAreal.tv –
BUT FIRST – ANSWER THESE 4 QUESTIONS…
- Has ADHD has been labeled a disorder syndrome, problem creator in society?
- Can people with ADHD leave a wake of destruction and very exasperated people around them?
- How many kids have been labeled as problems, nuisance, disturbed, special needs?
- How many kids have been abused because they have the traits of ADHD (misunderstood)
THE PROBLEMS CAN CONTINUE INTO…
1.Increase stress in house and family
2.Can be destructive and careless
3.Getting distracted easily
4.Hard to handle emotional ups and downs
5.Casting blame – not taking responsibility
6.Low self esteem
7.Disturbing classroom or work
8.Can be embarrassing in public
9.Adds to the tension in relationships
10.Follow through is below average
WHY HASN’T IT BEEN SOLVED?
- Medication can help OR worsen the problem, no one knows which medication will work for each person, so it’s really a game of brain chemical Russian roulette.
- The internet is filled with anecdotal, living room stories, guesses, and finger-pointing.
WHAT’S THE SOLUTION?
- Most people are focused on the negative attributes.
- Wrong Approach with Drugs and Control.
- Parents, adults and kids – need a tried and true way of understanding, containing and redirecting the enormous brain energy that comes WITH having the traits of an ADHD Brain.
WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN FOR SOLUTION TO TAKE ROOT NATURALLY?
- Understanding ADD/ADHD
- Nutrition Strategies
- Medication Discussion
- Exercises For Home & School
- Limit Destructive Behavior
- Reduce Stress On Your Relationship
- Connecting With Emotions
- Focusing On Purpose
- Awareness Of Patterns
- Taking Responsibility
- Overcome Self-Doubt
- Empower THEM